Uber Driver And Vehicle Requirements: Salem Oregon
Below are the driver and vehicle requirements to drive for Uber in Salem, Oregon. There are two types of Uber that you can drive for out here. They are UberX and UberXL. Both of them are easy enough to get into.
Since UberBlack and UberSUV aren’t available, it makes deciding what to do easy. If you have a SUV or mini van that can carry 6+ passengers, you may as well sign up for UberXL. You’ll still be able to carry UberX riders as well.
UBER Driver Requirements Salem
There are a number of requirements that you must meet to drive for Uber in general. Here’s a Cliff’s Note version:
- You must be at least 21 years old and have 3 or more years of driving experience
- You have to pass a background check
- Your driving record must be clean
- You must have an instate driver’s license
If you’d like to learn more about all of the steps involved check out the signing up for Uber article on this site.
Uber Vehicle Requirements for Salem
The vehicle requirements to drive for Uber in Salem aren’t too stringent. Here are a few mandatory things your car must be able to have/pass, regardless of which version of Uber you ultimately sign up for.
- The vehicle must be 15 years old or newer
- Your vehicle must have four full independent opening doors.
- No branding, wrap, advertisement, etc…
- You must carry an insurance policy on the vehicle. Uber does carry a liability insurance policy “on behalf of U.S. partners”, but you are still required to have your own
- The vehicle must pass an Uber inspection. They’ll tell you what to do as you sign up.
- Your vehicle must have working windows and an air conditioner.
- It can’t have a salvage title, or be rebuilt.
- No aftermarket seating system or non factory installed seat belts
- Must be a registered vehicle. Does not need to be registered in your name
Uber Service Specific Car Requirements
Different versions of Uber have different vehicle requirements. Use the drop down boxes to see what is required for each one.
UberX has the least strict vehicle requirements of all the Uber Services. These are the vehicle requirements to drive for UberX in Salem
- Vehicle must be 15 years old or newer
- Must be capable of handling 4 passengers, not including the driver
- Insurance must meet all applicable local and state laws
- No commercial branding
- Can’t have any aftermarket seating modifications
- No taxi’s, full-size vans, ex-gov vehicles, or box trucks
For more on the general car requirements for UberX, please see Uber X car requirements.
UberXL allows you to utilize your third row of seating and make higher fares. You may still pick up UberX riders with it as well. In addition to all of the above mandatory requirements for all Uber Vehicles in Salem an Uber XL vehicle must be:
- 15 years old or newer
- Capable of handling 6 passengers, not including the driver
- Fitted with 7 factory installed seats and safety belts
Here is a more in depth on the general UberXL vehicle requirements.