Uber Car and Driver Requirements in Beaverton Oregon
Beaverton is an outer-ring suburb of Portland, and as such has the same car and driver requirements. There are additional steps you must take in order to drive in the City, they are listed below in the Beaverton Uber Driver Requirements Section. It is worth noting that as of this writing (March 2018) UberBlack and UberSUV are not available out here. This leaves UberSELECT as the most premium (and highest fare) option.
Basic UBER Driver Requirements
There are a number of requirements that you must meet to drive for Uber in general. Here’s a Cliff’s Note version:
- You must be at least 21 years old and have 3 or more years of driving experience
- You have to pass a background check
- Your driving record must be clean
- You must have an instate driver’s license
If you’d like to learn more about all of the steps involved check out the signing up for Uber article on this site.
UBER Driver Requirements Beaverton
On top of the basic requirements to drive for Uber listed above, you must also meet these Portland City specific requirements in order to drive there.
- Business License: Portland considers you to be the proprietor of your own business. As such, they require you to get a business license. You must have a copy of this license in your vehicle at all times when you are online. You may start the process online here.
- Insurance: You must have a physically printed copy of your insurance on the vehicle.
- First Aid and Hands Free Phone Mount: You’ll be given both of these items for free at your vehicle inspection.
- Uber Sticker: Uber will also supply you with this. It must be kept in the bottom corner of the front and rear window.
- Portland City Knowledge Test: You are required to take a city knowledge test within 30 days of Uber activation. You must get a 75% or better on it. Most of the questions are common sense. Some are not.
Uber Vehicle Requirements in Beaverton
The vehicle requirements to drive for Uber in Beaverton aren’t too stringent. Here are a few mandatory things your car must be able to have/pass, regardless of which version of Uber you ultimately sign up for.
- The vehicle must be 10 years old or newer. Some services, such as UberSELECT require significantly newer vehicles (2013+).
- Your vehicle must have four full independent opening doors.
- No branding, wrap, advertisement, etc…
- You must carry an insurance policy on the vehicle. Uber does carry a liability insurance policy “on behalf of U.S. partners”, but you are still required to have your own
- The vehicle must pass an Uber inspection. They’ll tell you what to do as you sign up.
- Your vehicle must have working windows and an air conditioner.
- It can’t have a salvage title, or be rebuilt.
- No aftermarket seating system or non factory installed seat belts
- Must be a registered vehicle. Does not need to be registered in your name
Uber Service Specific Car Requirements
Different versions of Uber have different vehicle requirements. Use the drop down boxes to see what is required for each one.
UberX has the least strict vehicle requirements of all the Uber Services. These are the vehicle requirements to drive for UberX in Beaverton:
- Vehicle must be 10 years old or newer
- Must be capable of handling 4 passengers, not including the driver
- Insurance must meet all applicable local and state laws
- No commercial branding
- Can’t have any aftermarket seating modifications
- No taxi’s, full-size vans, ex-gov vehicles, or box trucks
For more on the general car requirements for UberX, please see Uber X car requirements.
UberXL allows you to utilize your third row of seating and make higher fares. You may still pick up UberX riders with it as well. In addition to all of the above mandatory requirements for all Uber Vehicles in Beaverton, OR. An Uber XL vehicle must be:
- 10 years old or newer
- Capable of handling 6 passengers, not including the driver
- Fitted with 7 factory installed seats and safety belts
Here is a more in depth on the general UberXL vehicle requirements.
UberSELECT is something of Hybrid between UberX and UberBLACK. It does not require you to carry commercial vehicle insurance and registration. It’s the most premium Uber service offered in Beaverton.
- All vehicles must be model year 2013 or Newer
- Can’t have any cosmetic damage or missing pieces.
- No cloth interiors. Must be leather or vinyl.
The vehicles that qualify for UberSelect are rather limited. They include (as of March 218):
- Acura – ILX, MDX, RDX, RL, TL, TLX, TSX
- Audi – A3, A4, A6, Q5, Q7, S3
- BMW – 3-series, 5-series, 7-series, X3, X5
- Buick – LaCrosse
- Cadillac – CTS, DTS, SRX, STS
- Chevrolet – Suburban, Tahoe
- Chrysler – 300
- Hummer – H3
- Hyundai – Genesis
- Infiniti – FX, G Sedan
- Land Rover – LR2, LR3
- Lexus – CT Hybrid, ES, IS, RX, RX330
- Lincoln – MKX, MKZ
- Mercedes-Benz – C-Class, CLA-Class, E-Class, G-Class, GL-Class, M-Class, R-Class, S-Class
- Tesla – Model S, X
- Volkswagen – CC
- Volvo – S60, S80, XC60, XC90
When driving for Uber in Beaverton, your vehicle will be required to pass an inspection. Uber will
- Make sure the vehicle meets all of the above requirements
- Give you a first aid kit, handsfree phone holster, and an Uber sticker
The Uber inspection locations are called Greenlight Hubs. There are two of them. One of them is located right in Beaverton. The other one is They are located at:
Beside inspecting your vehicle and getting you the city mandated items to drive in the metro area, the Greenlight Hub is also there to help you activate your account, and provide you assistance with any issue that you may be experiencing with your Uber service.